The Terms and Conditions outlined below are intended to provide clarity around my services and our relationship when we work together. If you hire me to write for you, you confirm that you have read and agreed to these terms.
All terms and conditions apply when we work together unless otherwise agreed in writing.
Please contact me if you would like to discuss any of the points below.
Initial briefing and agreement
- I discuss specific project needs and goals with all my clients. It’s important to me that I clearly understand your goals so I can write for you.
- I will supply a breakdown of costs via email before I commence work. All quotes will be based on the information you have given me. If for any reason the project changes while I am working on it, please update me and I can change the quotation as necessary in discussion with you. I will not do any work or charge any costs without prior confirmation from you.
- Once we have agreed on the project brief and payment details, I will ask for your written confirmation via email.
- If you change the brief of the work required during or after the first draft, then additional fees may be charged.
- I charge an hourly or daily fee, but I can also quote a set fee per project if appropriate.
- Rates include the time spent on meetings, phone calls or emails in which we discuss or clarify the brief, research and writing of the first draft. Please see revisions section below regarding changes to the first draft.
- I will provide the work discussed at the fee agreed in writing (via email).
- There will be no charge for expenses unless we discuss and confirm this in advance of the work starting.
- The fee includes one set of amendments after which additional charges may occur.
- All amendments must be received from the client in writing within 14 days of the receipt of the original copy. If revisions are not received in this timescale, then I reserve the right to invoice for the fee agreed.
- The included revisions are based on the original assignment brief and do not apply to complete rewrites due to a changed brief.
- For rewrites or if the client needs change, we can discuss this as a new assignment.
- A deposit of 50% of the total agreed fee will be required before work commences.
- You will receive an invoice via email with payment details.
- The final amount will be required within 30 days of receipt of the final draft. Sarah Haselwood Writing Services may exercise the statutory right, under the Late Payment Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998, to interest.
- Sarah Haselwood Writing Services reserves the right to take legal action for unpaid fees once the due date has passed.
- I aim to produce accurate copy for each client and build honest and open relationships with all my clients.
- If for any reason a client is not happy with my work, they should contact me to discuss it so that I can try to resolve any concerns. If appropriate and with the original, agreed brief in mind, I will offer at least one further draft. Work completed up until this point will be paid for by the client.
- If the client is still not happy with the work, the contract (and brief) will be cancelled in writing (without prejudice) with no admission on my part of the inability to complete the work.
- If at any time the client wishes to cancel the agreed project, they may do so in writing (without incurring costs) up to the point of the up-front deposit payment. Deposits cannot be refunded.
- I will ensure complete confidentiality throughout the project and will not disclose any confidential material given to me by the client to any third party.
- I will do everything I can to ensure the copy produced for the client is accurate and error-free, but I cannot guarantee this.
- The client holds the ultimate responsibility for all work. It is up to clients to review all work and ensure final sign off.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Sarah Haselwood Writing Services accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage;
- any losses arising out of events beyond my reasonable control.
- The client is responsible for all claims, statements and information about their services or products, and I cannot be held responsible for breaches of advertising codes and standards.
- The client holds me harmless against any liability anywhere that is a result of using Sarah Haselwood Writing Services for writing services.
Copyright and ownership
- The copyright for the work will be transferred to the client once I have received full payment.
- I ask that once the piece is published that I have a copy for my records and portfolio use. Unless agreed between the client and me, I can include the copy for my portfolio.
- If the client sends me materials written by someone else as part of my brief, the client confirms they are authorised to send me such materials. I am indemnified against any direct or indirect action as a result of the content received by me.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Last updated December 2020